As we get closer and closer to summer weather, we have come up with a few skincare tips for the summer! Let us know if you would like more tips! As always, consult with a doctor or a dermatologist before making changes to your skincare routine.
- Drink lots of water! In our previous posts we always talk about drinking a lot of water. Keeping your body and skin hydrated in the summer is very important!
- While we’re on the topic of hydration, make sure you're hydrating your skin with hydrating moisturizers, serums and face masks! Try to incorporate all or one of these things into your nighttime routine if you are short on time in the mornings! As we transition into warmer weather, we don’t need thick moisturizers. Try using light serums! Everyone’s skin is different and for those with dry skin, you might keep the same skincare routine all year round or make small adjustments.
- While wearing SPF products are important all year round, it’s strongly encouraged to wear sunscreen and moisturizers with SPF 30 or higher.
- Make aloe your new best friend! You can use this to hydrate your skin and it’s great to use on sunburns. It’s packed with great antioxidants and reduce some pain and inflammation to the skin.
- Exfoliating your skin might be something you want to do a little more frequently if you have dry skin. This is to remove any dead skin that might be due to the warm weather or the constant transition between AC and the dry heat.
- Even though these are skincare tips, Don’t forget about the rest of your body and hair! You might notice your hair is a little more dry or you might be washing it a little bit more. Make sure hydration is the focus! Make sure you’re using moisturizers with SPF in them on your body as well!