Do you struggle to find products that don’t make your face feel super dry or stripped of its natural oils? Are you using the right skincare products? Do you know what causes your skin to be dry? Did you talk to your doctor or a dermatologist about your dry skin? These are important questions you should be asking yourself.
Having dry skin should not be a struggle if you know exactly what your skin needs. Here are some tips for dealing with dry skin!
- If you have dry skin from head to toe, try avoiding showers or baths with extremely hot water. This doesn’t mean skip the hot showers! Try reducing the heat. Over time the hot water can really dry out your skin.
- Pat dry instead or rubbing. This can really irritate your skin and it can also ruin the elasticity.
- Moisturize your face right after you shower.
- Try a humidifier! As we mentioned in our article about winter skincare, this should be something to consider all year round! You can also find a cost friendly solution in our other article if you find it hard to find a humidifier within your budget. A humidifier can bring in a lot of moisture into your home and benefit your skin.
- Drink a lot of water. This one is self-explanatory.
- Use heavier creams or try ointments! Not only does it give you a lot of moisture, but it can also trap moisture.
- Avoid using products that contain alcohol. If you’re using a toner in your skincare routine make sure it is alcohol free! You can also try using TONE by Dynami. It’s our alcohol-free toner.
As always, consult with your doctor before you try anything new. If you want to avoid having a ‘product graveyard’ or spending a lot of money on products that don’t work for you, always seek advice from your doctor or get them to refer you to a dermatologist.